Saturday, January 9, 2016

Keeping the Hand Moving


I've been trying to up my journal game recently, and though I haven't kept any official tally, I've probably worked in my journal everyday for the past couple of weeks. It was easy to find time during my winter break to journal, but now that school has started up, I have been trying to maintain the habit. Doodling and writing seem to be the dominant forms of work, as I always have a pen or two handy.

I started the page above with the large face, and then I added orange watercolor to fill in the negative space. I randomly glued in a small piece of paper with a quote during a collage session in the studio sometime last week, and I added the squares and writing as a way to create a pattern on top of the watercolor.

Everyday, I am taking time to get my hand moving.

No comments: