Monday, May 28, 2012

Challenge #44: Owning Your Shadow


How can you fully embrace both the light and the dark?

When we find peace with the ups and downs we have experienced, we fully assimilate our light as well as our shadow and lead a thoughtful life. There is always conflict, and we always have to make decisions and often choose sides. But if we strive to be fully aware and make the best of our choices, we discover we have the power to be more accepting and tolerant.

Recognize the darkness you have inside, the fear, the secrets, and even the gold, and reflect on how you can embrace all aspects of yourself. In what ways do you deny your darker parts? What are you hiding in your shadow, and who are you hiding it from? What gold do you have buried inside of you? How can you own your shadow and define yourself?

4 comments:

Erin Keane said...

Oh I totally misread this prompt and have a goofy response, but here it is! Out of the Shadow

Eric said...

Erin, It's not a goofy response. It's a great response. I wish all the luck.

Erin Keane said...

OOPS! And I posted it to the wrong challenge (supposed to be under #43!) I'm going to re-post, Eric feel free to delete this and the above comments. I'm such a geek--I have too much on my mind lately with the move :)

Erin Keane said...

OKAY! Here's my REAL response: Sea Change