Monday, May 31, 2010

Interactive Pages





It is often interesting to play with how pages interact with one another. Cutting holes into pages is one way to create areas of interaction, but with a simple tearing technique, you can only tear two pages and have it look like four torn pages. By gluing in the torn parts of the pages, you do not waste good paper. See our book for detailed instructions.

The above images from volume 12 show how the torn pages interact with one another. The pages were started at a session at NCCAT in 2008 and contain a lot of fodder, quotes, and imagery from the week. Notice how the word "Grow" changes to "Flow" in the fourth image. It was a great way to remember such an amazing week.

This technique is a great way to tie several pages together allowing colors, images, and themes to flow beyond a normal two-page spread.

3 comments:

Brian K said...

WOW! So inspirational to get ripping into my journal! I think I am gonna do a spread where I rip out some pages!

cid_nifong said...

I just bought your book yesterday. What a joy it is.

Marit said...

I used this technique in my "zentangling journal" and once I discovered it, I couldn't stop... it's intriguing and fun what you can do with different shapes (torn) pages... LOVE your pages!!! (the grow into flow is awesome!)