Thursday, June 3, 2010

Find Yourself

This two-page spread is from volume 12 of my visual journals - I'm currenly on volume 13. I got very introspective in this journal, and wrote a lot. And there are several pages of just writing - like the right-hand page. But more often than not, the writing is incorporated into a more completed page like the left-hand page.

The theme of this spread, "Find Yourself", is an appropriate theme for any visual journal, and my journals have always been about being still with myself and looking inward. Too often I am so distracted with all the noise in my life that I have a hard time listening to myself. My art and my journal allow me to get in touch with myself and to reconnect with my hopes, my fears, my absurdities, and my wisdoms.

I hope that the journal can help you find yourself.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi guys, just want you to know I absolutely love your book!! The best one I have seen in a while. Thanx for sharing your genius with us out here in blog landing!!

Anonymous said...

After reading your blog entries and Seth's recommendation in his blog, The Altered Page, I ordered a copy of your book and it just arrived. I can't wait to start working with it!
Dave