Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Spring Has Sprung


Spring has sprung in Northern Virginia, and that means lots of outside chores, which has taken me away from the studio. I've still been experimenting with some small pieces here and there. Today, though, I was able to make it into the studio where I experimented with my Golden High Flow Acrylics. 


A while ago, I created the 4.5"x6" painting below. I really like the jewel quality created by layering the red High Flow paint, and I wanted to see if I could create a similar feel with other colors. I'd like to do an entire series of small paintings like this. So, tonight I tried blue. The blue is a little dark, so I need to see if Golden makes a blue that is a little lighter and a little more transparent.



It was just nice to be in the studio.

No comments: