Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Experimenting





I love layers, and I love paper. This is an experiment that I did today with cutting layers from plain, white drawing paper. This 9x12 experiment uses a type of image that I have been exploring a lot lately. It has ten layers of the 90 lbs paper and is glued together with Elmer's glue stick, hence the buckling. But it is only an experiment, and I'm hoping to do more in the future. I would love to do this with a thicker paper, a bigger size, and more layers to have the relief effect more apparent. I'll just have to see where it goes.

6 comments:

j elizabeth said...

Get some Nori paste. Best paper paste.

Brian Kasstle said...

This one would be great coloured in!

Anonymous said...

Maybe try UHU glue and you won't have the buckling. Elmer's usually results in buckling of papers. Ann

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention - in my rush to offer advice! - really like the look of layered paper you did here. It's pretty amazing. Beautifully executed. Ann

Eric said...

I've never tried Nori Paste. I'll have to look into it. As for UHU, that's what I use in my journal, but I was experimenting at school, and only had the Elmer's glue stick. Besides, the paper was only 90 lbs white sulphite drawing paper. I'd love to use a mixed media paper or bristol board. There will be more experimenting involved in the future.

Anonymous said...

Try laying another piece of paper over it and make a crayom rubbing of it!