Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Old Artwork

As an art educator of more than 12 years, I always have lots of demo samples around that I begin and work on with my students when I share new projects with them. Often these samples lie around in a cabinet where sometimes I pull them out in later years to show students. But more often than not, they stay in their cabinet. Occasionally, I purge the artwork and use it as journal fodder. This page was done in Journal #2 (quite a few years ago) using several portraits that I had created from demonstrations on proportion. I cut the drawings apart and recombined pieces to create something new. I need to do more of this.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hi...I like what I've seen here. I will definitely purchase your book when it comes out. I like your collages...it's the look I'm striving for...I am new with collage, you have the layer look going on that I'm trying to learn. I will add you to my list of creative blogs.

mimiey fy said...

hey there...just blog hopping and came across wt ur blog...im quite impressed wt ur artwork.....im an art teacher but i still consider myself new and still need more to learn..... im currently doing scrapbooking n journalling as well...anyway feel free to visit our blog http://www.thebabehs.blogspot.com or my personal art blog : http://www.addicted-to-art.blogspot.com

btw..i hope u dun mind us link ur blog in our list?

aimee said...

hi, eric - i've lurked here from time to time so thought i'd jump out and say hello. i saw your work around the same time in both art & life and go flying turtle, and just wanted to say how much i've enjoyed your expressive and thought-provoking journal pages. wonderful!