Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Journal for the Second Book


I've been working recently in a journal that I specifically started for our second book. I decided to go through all the prompts and techniques we plan on using in the book and use them in a journal that I will ultimately send to North Light (our publisher) to use as artwork for the book.

Though both Dave and I have used many of the prompts and techniques throughout the years that we have been doing journals, we have a lot of other techniques, ideas, and media in those journals that we are not really covering in the book. I thought that this type of journal would more clearly illustrate our ideas.

It's been interesting keeping two journals. I plan on posting more glimpses as I work.

And speaking of the new book, we have a title and have seen a couple of design possibilities for the cover. I'll share more on that when I can. But in the meanwhile , Dave and I will be traveling to Cincinnati next week to shoot photos for the step-by-step. It's all coming together quickly.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great to see there is a second book in the works, as I only recently bought your first book, and I LOVE it! It is so much more "my style" than most of the other art journalling literature out there.

thank you so much for all the inspiration!

Rafaelópezjr said...

You first book has been my "bible" for some time now. The anticipation of a second one opens up a new world of possibilities
Thanks to you both!