Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Here!!!!!!

Without much fanfare or hype, it seems like our book has been released - at least in the online world. We haven't received any "official" notice, but it seems like overnight most online vendors dropped the pre-order feature and are outright selling it to be shipped ASAP. Amazon sent an email notifying it's pre-orders that a May 6th shipping date is expected, and Dave and I have received our first shipments and have started hawking it to willing friends and associates. We are expecting to place signed copies for sale on the JFJ website by the end of the month. We wish it could be sooner, but since we live 360 miles apart, it's difficult to get together casually and sign a bunch of copies.

I'm not certain if the book has dropped in bookstores, but if hasn't yet, it should soon. I'll make certain to have the camera ready for the next time I go into a bookstore just to snap proof that our book is indeed there. I think that's when it will really hit me - when I can see it in person for sale in a store. It's one thing to see it online and to see the stack above sitting on my coffee table, but to walk into a store and say, "Hey, that's my book!" will be beyond words.

We thank all of those who have pre-ordered it and who plan on buying it, and if you ever see us at a conference, convention, presentation, workshop or on the street, we will be more than happy to sign your copy.

We think that the book looks awesome, and the folks at North Light/ F+W have done a great job. We think it's a great resource, and we would appreciate any reviews anyone and everyone could offer on blogs and on online vendor sites like Amazon.

Fodder On!

9 comments:

tgarrett said...

I am so excited Eric,
I had preordered so hope it comes soon- I start teaching a mixed media bookmaking class May 12th for May Term and a part of that is visual journaling so the book will be a great resource I am sure! Terry

Jodi Ohl said...

Congratulations! It must be amazing in so many ways to see your book on a shelf for the world to see :)

reagan said...

So awesome!! I'm going over to order it right now. I'm in the waiting stages on my book, won't be out until late in the year. So fun to see what the waiting will eventually bring!!

Sheryl said...

Well I went to the Barnes and Noble in Marlton, Nj yesterday and purchased a copy of your book. I had to travel to Maryland today to attend the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, so my time to read was limited, but I am really loving the book. I am 3 weeks into art journaling. I have purchased Diana Trout's book and signed up for a class in her studio next Saturday. I love sites like Teesha Moore's and have been keeping a journal where anything goes, a black and white daily drawing journal (started this week) where I do one drawing a day, usually on the train to work, and am keeping morning pages per Julia Cameron. I guess I dove right in.

Anyway, I wish you lots of sales--your book is great!

Judy Shea said...

Amazon just sent me a note and said it was shipped.. I had pre-ordered.. hooray.. can't wait!

Honoré said...

I received my copy yesterday and have finished the first read, already today. Super book; has re-energized me. Congrats!

Jen said...

I just found out about your book from the My Craftivity e-newsletter. It looks amazing!!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your book in borders in Monterey and flipped through it, looks amazing , so much info on different things to do with your journal, looks great.. I will be buying it from amazon soon! Congrats!

Glenda T. said...

I have this on my wish list and can hardly wait to get one!!! You guys did an amazing job with the cover, it grabs your attention right away and is very funky!!